Saturday, May 1, 2010

What A Month!

Alright, time to update.  The month started out real well......then life got in the way. 

Within the first few days I had lost my goal of 4lbs minimum for the month.  And I thought that it was going to be a great month - maybe realistically 8-10lbs total for the month.  Well, that never happened.  After the first few days of the month a relative broke their hip.  Which meant that we were going to be taking in their adult mentally impaired son and dealing with his very picky, mostly unhealthy, eating habits.  The relative is doing fine and living with us for a few days and I am slowly getting back on track, but my meal adjustments have been a challenge to find a good balance for all involved.

I will be going back to a food journal for the month to make sure I get my mind back in the groove.  And considering the first few days of the broken hip saga where I put on 5lbs, I still consider this month a success because I still squeeked out my goal.  I'm now down to 244.5 (goal was 245) and nearing 30lbs lost since Nov '09.  My goal for this month will change slightly:  Instead of my normal "4lbs" for a month I want to see 239.  And then hopefully say "goodbye" to the 240's forever.

This is an important week.  I want to make this week a rededication of the habits and lifestyle I'm been working at achieving.  I'm proud of myself for being able to at least maintain during the difficult part of this past month.  I was able to meet my goal and maintain.  And for that I am proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. just found you -- keep it up -- you can do this. Sometimes life gets in the way, but there is always TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete