Monday, March 8, 2010

Activity Journal

Having had success with keeping a food journal, I am now going to start keeping an activity journal. This is to help monitor how much extra activity I do each day. Now, I don't plan on keeping track of what has been my normal activity level, but it will keep track of the changes I am trying to incorporate.

My journal will be basic and will include the good (hiking, walking, yard work, etc) and the bad (how much time did I sit in front of the tv each day). The bad column is like the fat gram column in my food journal. Some intake is fine, while too much can be down right scary when you look at the numbers!

The journal will only contain the activity, and how many minutes. This will fit in nicely with my NEAT goals listed on my goals page. I will keep this journal for a minimum of 3 weeks, but as long as necessary until I know that the awareness of those numbers has become habit.

1 comment:

  1. Keeping a journal is a good idea to see what works one week from the next. I've been keeping a food journal and I place in the corner how my weigh in went that week.

    I'm also much more aware of what I put in my mouth. It is really eye opening!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete