Thursday, March 4, 2010

Adjusting My Mindset

While on this journey I am realizing that I constantly have to readjust my mind to what is an acceptable max weight that I want to see on the scale. Now, I know that my body will go through fluctuations both natural and adjusting to the new lifestyle I have chosen.

Since I am on the scale usually twice a day I know that typically in the evening I will weigh 2-3 lbs more than in the morning. Using that information, what I have started doing is writing on a post-it note the max weight I want to see on the scale in the evening. That number goes on the mirror where I see it everyday. Once I have dropped another pound or two then I will put up another lower max weight post-it.

What I am trying to achieve is that by the time I reach my goal weight - or health, then my mind will already be trained to a max weight that I am comfortable with. And then, if I go over that I will know that I need to make the changes to get back to my "ideal". I want to get away from the thought that it will be ok to gain another 5-10-20 lbs since I weighed quite a bit more than that at my heaviest.

I've been doing this for about three weeks now and it seems to be working. This might be something that you can also use with whatever tweaks you need to make to it.

Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment