Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Impatient? Overwhelmed?

It is too easy to get to the point where we are feeling impatient and overwhelmed with the changes we want to make. We want to lose weight and we want to lose it now! That is the thinking of a lot of people who go on this journey, me included. Today I was feeling impatient and overwhelmed thinking about the changes I want to make and implementing them in my lifestyle. So I had to just pause for minute or two and check my map and compass before continuing the journey.

We need to keep reminding ourselves that this journey is often accomplished by inches traveled each day, not miles. It is important that we keep moving forward. In an earlier post I mentioned that it took me many years to put on this weight. I cannot expect to take it off within a few months. Could I? Most likely. But I'm sure I wouldn't develop the lifestyle tools to keep the weight off.

While doing this post and checking my navigation, I can confidently say that I am on the right trail. I just needed to remind myself that the knowledge I am gaining will lead to the lifestyle changes I want to make. Patience is being added to my backpack today!

1 comment:

  1. If only we could have a GPS for weight loss. Just follow the little voice that tells us to "Turn right at the fresh veggies, pick up broccoli, turn left and grab a carrot". So much easier. But, it sounds to me as tho' your inner GPS is beginning to take over. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete