Friday, February 19, 2010

Knocked Off The Routine

This past week I have gone through an extremely important learning process. And I'm extremely thankful for it!

We all have what we consider our normal, routine days. Currently I can generally count that during my routine days I will be able to consume my three meals and two snacks. I can also generally count on when I will be able to go to the gym for my workout.

However, what happens when we will be having a day that is NOT routine? Sometimes you will know in advance, and sometimes you won't. This is where it is extremely important to have your Plan B, Plan C, and so on. If you won't be able to have your regular meals what will you do? Out running from place to place and won't be anywhere near your own kitchen for awhile?

Take the time to make up a contigency plan ahead of time. Having this knowledge will save yourself guilt, calories, and extra pounds when the time comes. Think ahead to what restaurants will be in the area. Most chain restaurants have their nutrition charts online. One option is to take food with you. Stop and have yourself a little picnic somewhere with nutritionally balanced, healthy food. Keep a cooler in your vehicle if you need to.

It is important to know ahead of time what you plan to do when you are out of your routine. We can no longer be in the mindset of picking up high calorie, high fat fast food. And it's not just fast food that is the culprit to why we are heavier than we want to be.

And I'm open for suggestions and ideas. The important thing is to be prepared to make the right decision, and not one that you will regret.

No comments:

Post a Comment